Hazardous waste is any organic or inorganic chemical, substance or material that, when present in abundant quantities and concentrations, can lead to adverse health effects in people, other organisms, and to the earth's ecology. Hazardous waste is primarily generated by industrial and manufacturing processes, and can fall under a broad range of categories such as:
- Manufacturing hazardous waste materials like waste acids, waste chemicals and contaminated sludges
- Characteristic hazardous waste materials like corrosive waste, ignitable/flammable waste, leachate toxic waste and reactive waste
- Photo finishing chemicals
- Returned or damaged goods, off-spec or out-of-date products
- PCB's (polychlorinated biphenyls)
- Oil and water mixtures
- Hazardous waste containing elements like cadmium, barium, arsenic, silver, chromium, mercury, selenium and lead
- Universal hazardous waste like fluorescent lightbulbs, specialty batteries (ie. containing lithium or lead), lamps, cathode ray tubes and mercury containing devices (ie. thermostats, switches)
- Electrical hazardous waste / E-waste (television and computer monitors, appliances, circuit breakers etc.)
- Pharmaceutical hazardous waste like controlled substances and prescription medications
- Agricultural hazardous waste like waste pesticides
- Hazardous waste used for automotive purposes like waste gasoline and diesel, paint waste, brake fluid, waste solvents, contaminated cloths, oil filters, antifreeze etc.
- Maintenance materials with hazardous constituents like waste paints, solvents, pesticides, aerosols, caustics, refrigerant containing appliances, etc.
Hazardous waste must be characterized, profiled, packaged, and transported in accordance with strict procedures and guidelines, while disposal must be managed in properly permitted treatment, storage and disposal facilities. The regulations which govern and affect hazardous waste are regulated by the municipality, provincially and federally. We have the expertise to ensure compliance and provide sustainability options.
Our comprehensive waste disposal services throughout Ontario include the collection, transportation, transfer, recycling and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste for industrial, commercial and institutional customers. With our extensive hazardous waste management industry knowledge and experience, we provide a single source for all of your hazardous waste disposal needs, including industrial waste disposal. This ensures that your industrial waste management process is safer and more sustainable, all while controlling costs and minimizing long-term liability.
Eco Metal Recycling Inc.'s team of industrial waste disposal professionals, and our fleet of technology and equipment, permit us to provide any industrial waste collection or disposal service you may require, including drum and bulk industrial waste in liquid, solid, semi-solid or sludge forms.
We ensure that municipal, provincial and federal regulations are strictly adhered to for every industrial waste disposal job we undertake, so as to avoid any industrial waste compliance oversights or violations.